This picture (Leif Goldberg's Bonnacon) is your clue or, if you'd rather, your warning that Ada Books finally has Beasts! Book Two. I don't understand why it took so long to wend its way here but I'm certain that it had something to do with elves or hobgoblins or some such. Put on your +2 plate mail, hoist your adamantine short sword and come take a look. The book might bite you but I never will.

Speaking of adamantine, please feast your eyes on another Ada Books press clipping. I can't explain why I've become so popular lately. I've never even used Axe body spray. (The interviews were conducted via email anyway.)



Kids may not like monsters (the feeling, I think, is mutual) but they might like some of these recent acquisitions:

- The Adventures of Tintin in the Land of the Soviets. Educational and entertaining anti-soviet propaganda! Also, check out these Tintin titles (among others):

- The Black Island
- The Shooting Star
- The Castafiore Emerald

From the good people at The Center for Cartoon Studies, I have Satchel Paige: Striking Out Jim Crow and Jason Lutes' Houdini (Lutes teaches at the CCS).

Toon Books publishes smart, cute and funny books for kids. I now have Jack and the Box, by Art Spiegelman and Stinky, by Eleanor Davis (She drew the Bannik in Beasts! Book Two) and I plan to have more soon.

I have other new stuff, too. Adult stuff like Jonathan Ames' The Alcoholic, the latest Black Jack, by Osamu Tezuka and Side A: The Music Lover's Graphic Novel. And more even, jeeze, it would take too long to list it all so I'm not going to. Why don't you just stop by if you're so curious? No seriously, stop by. Be curious.

Comments

Popular Posts