Nazi Knife #5. It just stumbles off the tongue, doesn't it? Nazi Knife. Number Five. Saying it out loud kind of makes my skin twitch even though I've said it out loud several times to innoculate myself from its effect. The words "Nazi" and "Knife" dredge up a scene from a very important movie of my boyhood, An American Werewolf in London. (If you've already watched this film then you know which scene I'm talking about. If not, well, I won't spoil your surprise, your shock, except to say that the scene in question involves a Nazi and a knife. I can hear you asking, "A Nazi in a werewolf movie?" But can you hear me responding, "Yes, Virginia, there really is a Santa Claus!"?)




Nazi Knife #5. Don't be afraid of its name. And don't be afraid because it's French. (It is French. I paid for it in euros.) All it is, is strange and fantasical art, nicely reproduced, for your enrichment. And it's lurking here at Ada Books.

Also of note, I have more of Jo Dery's new book, Quietly Sure - Like the Keeper of a Great Secret, and a number of her greeting cards. Plus plenty of other Little Otsu treasures.

And I now have Sidebrow. No, that isn't some sort of hip new veneral disease but it is a hip new literary magazine and it's entirely safe as long as you wear a condom.

Hey, watch out, there's more to come! Poetry season is right around the corner.

Comments

Popular Posts